TransVision06 August 17-19, 2006
University of Helsinki, Finland, Europe
The annual TransVision conference brings together leading transhumanist thinkers, technologists, scientists and philosophers from around the world.
This year's conference is held under the theme "Emerging Technologies ofHuman Enhancement".
The conference will be held in Helsinki, Finland, one ofthe world's leading high technology centers. TransVision06 is organized bythe World Transhumanist Association together with the Finnish Transhumanist Association.**
Keynote speakers * Dr. William Sims Bainbridge National Science Foundation (USA) * Dr. Aubrey de Grey University of Cambridge; IEET
** Other prominent speakers:
- Prof. Timo Airaksinen University of Helsinki
- Dr. Nick Bostrom Future of Humanity Institute, Oxford; WTA; IEET
- Jose Cordeiro Millennium Project
- Dr. Ben Goertzel Noveamente LLC
- Dr. James Hughes WTA; IEET
- Prof. Hannu Kari Helsinki University of Technology
- Giulio Prisco FutureTAG; WTA; IEET
- Dr. Richard Sherlock Utah State University
- Philippe Van Nedervelde Foresight Nanotech Institute
- Natasha Vita-More Extropy Institute
- David Wood Symbian Inc.
Full list of speakers is available at the conference website. Early registration open until May 31st!
More information and registration at: http://www.transhumanismi.org/tv06/