Here's my 'holding slide' for the Games time period. Available for interview Contact: +44 (0) 757 898 4147 / @andymiah / firstname.lastname@example.org Interview topics: doping, Olympic politics, London atmosphere, local issues, social media, Oscar Pistorius, sport technology, ethics, gene doping, cultural olympiad, London 2012 Festival, Olympic politics
Qualifications: primary research at 6 Olympic Games (Winter and Summer), Prof at International Olympic Academy, interviews live+recorded for major programmes (BBC Newsnight, CBC The Hour), writing for Washington Post, Guardian, Independent, Times). Dates: I will be in London 21-22 July, then 26 July - 13 August, then 1-10 September.
Games Time Interviews to date. Some of these are derived from the same source eg. a Reuters piece in English picked up by Bolivia, but I figure, if someone has bothered to translate it, then it counts.
- Worldwide - Associated Press x3, BBC World Service x3 (with David Eades; with Gareth Mitchell) , Reuters, Reuters, University World News,
- Australia - ABC Radio, Canberra Times,
- Bolivia - Los Tiempos
- Brazil - TV Globo, Meio y Mensagem,
- Canada - CBC The Current, CTV, Globe & Mail, Vancouver Sun
- China - Tech Web,
- France - AFP
- India - The Economic Times, The Indian Express,
- Indonesia - The Jakarta Post,
- Italy - La Stampa, Linkiesta,
- Ireland - Irish Medical Times,
- Kuwait - Arab Times
- Netherlands - Sportgeschiedenis,
- New Zealand - New Zealand Herald,
- Japan - Japan Today,
- South Korea - TBS eFM's "This Morning"
- Turkey - BBC online
- United Kingdom: BBC News 24, BBC Online, BBC online, Daily Mirror, Huffington Post, BBC2 Newsnight, House Magazine, The Independent, Metro Blogs, Podium for 2012, Wallpaper Magazine (UK), Chris McEnroe Show, Sunday Express, Sunday Express, Wired Magazine (with Ian Steadman)
- United States of America - Boston Globe (USA), Chicago Tribune, ESPN, Fox News, The Atlantic, The Los Angeles Times, Salon, Wired,
- Vietnam - Talk Vietnam
Articles published during the Olympic month
- Oscar Pistorius loses, now what? (3 Sept, 2012)
- BBC (10 August) London 2012, A Social Media Games to Remember
- Huffington Post (9 Aug) One Day in London During the Olympic Games - A Guide for the Ticketless Olympic Tourist
- Huffington Post (5 Aug) Is This What They Meant by the First Social Media Olympics?
- Huffington Post (1 August) Your Twitter Guide to the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Metro UK (29 July, 2012) The First Social Media Olympic Opening Ceremony
- Huffington Post (14 July, 2012) Why Oscar Pistorius Has Already Made History and Why It's a Good Thing for Everyone
- Metro News (11 July, 2012) Oscar Pistorius makes a ‘One Games’ future more likely